After months of hard work and preparation, cadets from Bristol & Gloucestershire Wing have successfully completed the Ten Tors Challenge 2019! The two 35-mile teams and the 55-mile team, wholly … Continue Reading
On Sunday 2 December 2018, Bristol and Gloucestershire Wing saw its first in-house Risk Assessor Course, using excellent facilities warmly offered by Officer Commanding 2467 (Nailsea) Squadron.
This course is necessary for our adult instructors to be able to prepare risk assessments for all the cadet activities on offer as well as contributing towards their continual professional development through their careers in the Royal Air Force Air Cadets.
Congratulations to the following adult instructors for successfully completing the course:
- Flight Lieutenant C Callaghan, 2467 (Nailsea) Squadron
- Flight Sergeant D Norris, 2419 (Quedgeley) Squadron
- Flight Sergeant S Simmons, 2152 (Downend) Detached Flight
- Flight Sergeant W Hodder, 2442 (Westbury-on-Trym) Squadron
- Sergeant L Whitear, 37 (Frampton Cotterell) Squadron
- Civilian Instructor M Adams, 2152 (North Bristol) Squadron
- Civilian Instructor H Baker, 2419 (Quedgeley) Squadron
- Civilian Instructor J Lewis, 2419 (Quedgeley) Squadron
- Civilian Instructor R Maule, 2419 (Quedgeley) Squadron
- Civilian Instructor M Nicholls, 2419 (Quedgeley) Squadron
- Civilian Instructor N Turner, 2467 (Nailsea) Squadron
We can look forward to more staff development courses to follow in early 2019, including Risk Assessor and Food Hygiene.