Over the weekend, cadets from 181 (City of Gloucester) Squadron were taken to RAF Little Rissington and given the opportunity to fly the cadet glider, the Grob Viking. After a morning of initial … Continue Reading
On Sunday 2 December 2018, Bristol and Gloucestershire Wing saw its first in-house Risk Assessor Course, using excellent facilities warmly offered by Officer Commanding 2467 (Nailsea) Squadron.
This course is necessary for our adult instructors to be able to prepare risk assessments for all the cadet activities on offer as well as contributing towards their continual professional development through their careers in the Royal Air Force Air Cadets.
Congratulations to the following adult instructors for successfully completing the course:
- Flight Lieutenant C Callaghan, 2467 (Nailsea) Squadron
- Flight Sergeant D Norris, 2419 (Quedgeley) Squadron
- Flight Sergeant S Simmons, 2152 (Downend) Detached Flight
- Flight Sergeant W Hodder, 2442 (Westbury-on-Trym) Squadron
- Sergeant L Whitear, 37 (Frampton Cotterell) Squadron
- Civilian Instructor M Adams, 2152 (North Bristol) Squadron
- Civilian Instructor H Baker, 2419 (Quedgeley) Squadron
- Civilian Instructor J Lewis, 2419 (Quedgeley) Squadron
- Civilian Instructor R Maule, 2419 (Quedgeley) Squadron
- Civilian Instructor M Nicholls, 2419 (Quedgeley) Squadron
- Civilian Instructor N Turner, 2467 (Nailsea) Squadron
We can look forward to more staff development courses to follow in early 2019, including Risk Assessor and Food Hygiene.